Top 5 Reasons Women Lose Weight Different Then Men
Why does it seem like men’s weight loss journey is so much easier then women’s?
There are many factors that contribute to someone’s weight loss journey. When working with our female Classic Physique clients, we often hear “My husband is losing weight so much faster than me.”, or “Why can my boyfriend reach his goals quicker than me?”
Here are the top 5 reasons why this happens:
- Men tend to have more muscle.
The more muscle mass one has, the more calories they will burn during a rest state. This is why it’s so important that women also incorporate weight lifting into their fitness journey. Sustaining lean muscle mass requires more calories.
- Men generally start their fitness journey at a higher weight with more body fat to drop then women.
- Men generally have higher levels of testosterone - which is a key factor in weight loss and metabolic health.
- Male stress hormones affect them differently then female stress hormones.
- Female stress hormones are show to cause accumulation of stubborn fat. They will tend to have accumulation of stress and estrogen related fat in the mid-section and lower bodies.
If you are looking to get the most out of your workouts to lower your stress levels and add more muscle mass to our frame, look into one of our training programs! If you are ready to set a goal for yourself, you may want to look at the bodybuilding posing trunks available online with us! We can help you reach your goals.